This week I remembered how much I hate the dentist. With a passion. Did I mention that I really, really, REALLY don't like the dentist? Yeah so now that we are clear that I don't like the dentist, here's my story:
I walk into the deceivingly happy little waiting room of the dentist. I see a fish tank. I sit gloomily on the overstuffed sofa. Madagascar is playing. Not cool. (why can't an awesome Disney movie be playing?) oh yeah, it's because dentists have no sense of movie selection. Then one by one my siblings get called back into the "room".
"Andrea?"
"Christopher?"
"Spencer?"
I sit some more, reading, tweeting it up, chillin....
"Samantha??"
I pull myself up out of the stuffing of the sofa, and drag my feet into the "room". I get my x-ray picture thingys taken with the awful paper they stick in your mouth that cuts your gums. Yeah so not awesome.
But then just as I'm about to get my teeth cleaned, the cute little hygienist tells me:
"I love your shoes! Actually I love your whole outfit! You are just so cute!!"
This right here people is what made my dentist trip worth while. I'm not trying to brag or anything, I just thought this lady was so sweet. Her comment made the rest of the trip a little less painful. Because, I mean come on, who doesn't like getting compliments from the hygienists?! ;)
This little incident made me think about what I'm doing and saying, and how I can be influencing someone's life everyday, for better or for worse, just by saying something to them, even if they are a complete stranger! So I guess my point is that I'm gonna try and always influence peoples day to make it better with a smile, compliment, or even a simple hello :)You never know what you could be doing to help someone out!
So has anything made your day recently?? :D
No comments:
Post a Comment