Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Cavities? What cavities?
Yesterday my brothers, sister and I went to the dentist. We went to a new dentist because we heard about this pediatric dentist, and we decided to change to him because are old dentist wasn't really for little kids. ( My Dad even goes to our old dentist, but my dad also goes to my orthodontist, so it doesn't really matter.) Everyone at the office was really funny and nice. I was so nervous I was going to have cavities, I hate those things. While I was nervously waiting in a chair in the back room, an older guy in scrubs starts to talk to me and asks me questions from some paperwork that my Mom filled out. Then he asks me if I get sunburned often because I have red hair and fair skin, I say yes, then he says he has some red hair but he gets tan. ( I couldn't really tell if he had red hair through the gray hair.) He talks about skiing in the winter, and then looks and pokes in my mouth. He keeps talking about how people should find out their weakness and be mindful of it; if you have weak knees don't run track, if you get sunburned easily put tons of sunblock on, it's not rocket science! I was going to laugh, but he had his hands in my mouth. "Well", he says,"looks like you work hard to take care of your teeth." I nod. Then he tells me I deserve a pat on the back, he pats my back. He tells me that I have no cavities, and I go "What! NO cavities! I was hoping I wouldn't have any." I wait for him to say, " Just kidding", or, " Fat chance", but he never did. Sweetness I think to myself. After they scraped my teeth and put fluoride on them, we all walk out and I find out that my little brother didn't have any cavities, but my other brother and sister aren't so lucky. Christopher has 1 tiny one and Anderea has 2 big ones they are going to put caps on, and one small one. We were at the dentist for 2 hours!! When we finally left, we got lunch and went to the library. I got Into the Mist, a book that is connected to the Land of Elyon series, I hope it's good. Well, my Mom is at the gym right now, but hopefully I can talk her in to taking me shopping later. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hooray for no cavities! we went two weeks ago and, thankfully, I too had no cavaties. Cameron had four! My mom was sooo mad!
12-12 baby!
by-the-way, LOVE the quote of the day thing. so funny! yes, edward can do anything. :)
Post a Comment